<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 30, 2007


Have Collar, Will Travel 

I'm packing up to head back North for a week. Chicagoland, here I come! I'm excited to see old friends and familiar Chicago sites, hope to take in a Sox game, have a sailing venture planned, and, oh yeah, get to hear the Presiding Bishop speak at Seabury's Commencement. Should be a great trip!

Last weekend went well. Once I figured out that whatever awkwardness there would be didn't belong to me, I was fine! So, it turned out not to be awkward for me at all and I had a very nice time. If other people felt awkward, I decided that was their issue to own, not mine. (Oh, and Fr. Steve+, I laughed out loud for several minutes at your suggestions!)

I don't think I've mentioned this before on here, but I have been considering getting a dog since I moved to Tampa. Before this consideration began, I really didn't know a thing about dogs. But, I've bought a book, the ASPCA Complete Guide to Dogs, and have read up on them. I researched breeds and decided that I like boxers. So, I was all set to contact my local boxer rescue group when I met a dog that was staying with my Aunt. She was looking for a home for this stray they took in, and I said I might be able to provide one. Well, after some back and forth emails, it became too complicated for any number of reasons, so I am back to my original plan.

I've applied at the boxer rescue group for a particular dog I saw on the website and am anxiously awaiting their review of my application and an impending home visit. In the meantime, I have a lot to do to prepare both my home and myself for a dog, should I be chosen. Needless to say, I am excited, but I'm trying not to be too excited.

The Girlfriend offered some friendly encouragement - "You're a shoo-in!!! You're a priest!"

-R

3 Comments:

Hey! Sweet! See ya there!!

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 11:09 AM  


AH! I've been pining for a dog since last summer. Alas, our current housing allows NO pets, and decent, non-miniscule, within-budget, pet-friendly housing does not seem to exist in this area.

Good luck on being awarded your chosen rescue-Boxer!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 PM  


Boxers Rule! You'll make a wonderful Doggie Daddy.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?