<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 01, 2007


By the Skin of Our Teeth 

Forrest Gump eeked out a slim margin victory, 11-10, last night against the previously 2-0 team M.T. Pitchers.

We got ahead early by one run that proved to be the difference in the game. After a lead off pop out, I got walked for a BB, and because a female bats behind me, I advanced to second automatically. She hit an infield single, bringing me around to third, and I came home to score off a deep fly ball by Brennan. Until the last inning, that was the last lead we held. They battled back in the next inning scoring 3 runs. In the following inning, I hit a 2 RBI single to right field to tie the game, but we quickly lost the tie as they scored a couple more, making it 5-3.

Runs were traded back and forth for the next inning.

Going into the second to last inning they were ahead 10-5, but an offensive streak put us on top 11-10, including a 3 run HR by Aron, and another RBI single straight up the middle by yours truly, making me 2-2 for the night with a BB, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI's. It was one of the better games I've had at the plate. As they were the home team they batted last, but we held them, letting them leave two runners stranded, for a final score of 11-10.

Everyone was asking where the cheerleaders were, and what sense does "bedtime on a schoolnight" make anyway, but I placated them by saying that since next week's game was the early one at 7:30, they might just put in an appearance.

-R

1 Comments:

Hey Ryan,

I just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog. My cousin is a regular blogger as well (vampdaddy.blogspot... but I warn you, it's a tear-jerker) and I somehow meandered to your page and instantly realized I recognized it from somewhere. Although we've never met in person, I know so much about you. I'm Trevor's ex-girlfriend from Stetson. From briefly reading your latest entries, it sounds like you're as busy as I remember Trevor telling me you were. Best wishes to you and your family!

- Kayla F.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?