<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 26, 2007


Busy Memorial Day Weekend 

There is a lot going on this weekend. Yesterday I played a round of golf with Anthony - I shot 106, which is considerably better than where I was last time I played. It is good to watch my score continue to drop. When I get into the low 90's I think I'll be happy. Today I am headed to Brooksville to celebrate birthdays and graduations (from kindergarten!) with my father's side of the family, so that should be good.

Tomorrow is church and baptisms galore. I'll have more to say on the subject of baptism later, as I've been doing some thinking about it. Then comes the dilemma. The Girlfriend's family is out on St. Pete Beach for the holiday and have invited me to come. I was all excited to go, but then I learned it's not just her family, it's her family and their entire social circle. Still, no problem. I mingle well. But, the social circle includes the family of the Ex-boyfriend, and likely, he'll be there. (The Ex-boyfriend, mind you, who, in the parlance of soap operas, she ditched for me.)

Now, this would no doubt be an awkward thing, as I've explained to the Girlfriend. And I think not just awkward for me, but awkward for her, for him, and for the families. She tells me I'm making too big of a deal about it. I don't know that I am. She tells me everyone is clamoring for me to show up. I think that's a bit much. She tells me, her parents think I'm being silly. Ok, now I think if I don't go, it makes me look like a...you said it Brennan...a coward. So, I'm stuck. I told her I'd consider, but not to get her hopes up.

So, why am I considering which bathing suit I'll take? Advice will be received but not necessarily taken.

-R

4 Comments:

You should wear one of those overalls-looking bathing suits from the 1920's. Show you're a man of the times.

-Sherriff

By Blogger Mark Sherriff, at 1:37 PM  


Indeed. With stripes.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  


Red stripes-- for Pentecost!

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 11:30 PM  


Oh, have some fun with it. Every now and then, look at the Ex-Boyfriend and make the sign of the cross at him. Don't smile, just be all business. If he stays past an hour, beat him up. The Episcopal Church could use a publicity diversion. "Priest Opens Can of Whoop Ass" would be a welcome change. But do it in Christian love. Kind of like the bishop slapping you at confirmation.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?