<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 30, 2007


Solo Flight 

With the Boss Man out of town this past weekend, I had my first experience "doing everything" by myself on a Sunday. This particular Sunday, "doing everything" translated into not only preaching and presiding over 2 liturgies and running an adult ed sunday school, but performing a conditional baptism at the 8am service and participating in the Deanery Confirmation service in the afternoon. It was funny, because the fella we baptised at the 8am service, was confirmed that afternoon and after the confirmation service I asked him - since the evening was still open - if he had any desire to just go ahead and be ordained while we had the Bishop on hand. He joked back, "Hey, I guess I could! I'm on a roll today!"

At the 10:15am service a priest from Chicago, Davis Fisher, who I knew peripherally up there, joined us. It seems his daughter and son-in-law live here and are considering making our church their church home, which is great. I introduced myself to him and we reestablished connections, so that was neat. He is now attending St. Luke's, Evanston, so, small world.

-R

4 Comments:

congrats on your first time!

I'm sure all went very well.

Also, I really liked the discussion you did wiht your youth about the VT events. They're fortunate to have you in their lives.

--Rebecca
(can't remember my blogger login)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  


To quote the Rugrats: You're all growed up!

By Blogger The Archer of the Forest, at 10:38 AM  


congrats...sounds like you did a great job.

By Blogger RC, at 12:05 PM  


I hadn't stopped in here for a while, and like that you've gone from seminarian to solo priest. Thanks be to God.

Frank+
King of Peace Episcopal Church

By Blogger King of Peace, at 6:57 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?