<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 10, 2007


Resurrection! 

Hallelujah! Christ is Risen!
The Lord is risen indeed! Hallelujah!

With the arrival of the Easter season, I am hereby announcing the end of my blogging fast, as it in fact turned out to be.

I have thought a lot about my blog during my time away - things like: what compels me to write and why, what do I write about, who reads and who cares, the fact that now that I am in a parish, I no longer can write with the level of impunity I once enjoyed, do I have a purpose to writing here, etc.

I can't say that I have come up with answers to all of those questions, but I am at least further along in my thinking about them than I once was.

As I continue to seek and discover more questions and hopefully answers, I will probably be writing mostly what may seem like frivilous stuff at first. Also, because I need to get back in the habit of regular writing.

Recently, I finished reading Philip Caputo's Acts of Faith, an amazingly in-depth novel about the Sudanese Civil War. Tomorrow I hope to write more on what I thought about it.

And, for those who care, the following are important updates of stuff going on in my life, listed in order of importance:

  1. As Facebook would put it: Ryan went from being listed as "single" to being listed as "In a Relationship."
  2. I am going to the Dominican Republic in June on a mission trip. This will be the first mission trip I have ever been on.
  3. Forrest Gump got moved up by the Powers That Be to a more competitive division in the softball league. We came out swinging and won our first game in the Intermediate Division, 16-2. Our second game was rained out last night, and next week is a bye week. So, it will be two weeks before we play again. I do not think our first game is indicative of the kind of competition we will face later in the season.
  4. Sometime on Holy Saturday, after what was already a grueling series of services, Ryan actually uttered the sentence, "I'm tired of church, now."

That's enough for now. I'll see you tomorrow.

-R


4 Comments:

1. Congratulations!

And welcome back to blogland (blogania?). Frivolity can be just as profound, in its own way, as...

Right, anyway, luck to the team.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM  


It occurred to me late saturday night that your Easter service would be the perfect (or imperfect) time to play a prank on your congregation... the idea of replacing the communion wafers with a substitute (like those old Folgers commercials) was a particularly interesting idea... I would have called, but I figured that it was already too late to make the proper preperations. Well, there's always next year.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  


Hudd,

Thanks, and thanks. Hope your journey into whatever comes after ob/gyn is going well!

Griffin,

Hmm...a curious idea. There's a guy out there in Blogaria who calls himself 'Real Live Preacher' and he has a YouTube video of himself doing taste tests of the different brands of communion wafers. He eats them like they're chips and he's watching the game or something. It's rather hilarious; he concludes they all taste awful and wonders what the theological statement that might make is.

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 4:39 PM  


Welcome back! Are you gonna review the other book in your sidebar, Hungry Souls, Holy Companions? Cuz I'd love to know if its worth picking up!

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 8:41 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?