<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 06, 2007


Further Update 

Close to the end of the work day, the young lady herself called me. She was surprisingly chipper on the phone and very kind. She explained to me that the collision had resulted in her breaking her fibula, the smaller of the two lower leg bones, and likely spraining the ankle. She is going to see an orthopedist, who happens to be the orthopedic surgeon for the Devil Rays, so I'm sure he's experienced with this kind of injury. But, it'll put her in a cast and keep her off her feet for a while. She wanted to make sure I knew she had no ill will or hard feelings and sincerely hoped I didn't feel too bad, even as she acknowledged she should have made the play on the bag and not gone for the tag.. So, that actually brought me a lot of solace. We talked for a little bit and I thanked her for calling, that it helped me rest easier. She will still be receiving a large bouquet tomorrow, though.

-R

2 Comments:

I'm glad she's understanding. Hey, I tagged you for the Seven Things Meme, if you're interested. See item number seven in my latest post for details.

By Blogger Adam Jacob, at 3:10 PM  


Hmmm .... "How I met your mother."

Glad to know you're both doing okay.

By Blogger Reverend Ref +, at 7:42 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?