<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 25, 2007


St. Mark's Youth Makes 'DaySpring Today' 

The January newsletter of our Diocesan Conference Center, DaySpring, features the youth of St. Mark's on its front cover this month. The picture is from St. Mark's Advent Camp and also represent pictorally the first time I celebrated the Eucharist as priest.

DaySpring, as you faithful readers will know, is a place where much of my discernment took place and was the place where the seed for my future ministry was planted. It was "poetic," as the Boss Man puts it, that my first Eucharist was celebrated at St. Thomas' Chapel, the chapel at DaySpring.

Here is a link to the newsletter with the picture. Check it out!

-R

2 Comments:

I love that it says "Father Whitley!" How fun! I always remember you talking about how DaySpring is (and I'm going to get this wrong) your thin place... where God is closest to earth. So neat you were able to experience this!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 PM  


Randi -

That's right exactly, my thin place (well, one of a couple I would say, but definitely high on the short list!). Where you can almost reach across the veil between Heaven and earth to touch the holy, and the holy always reaches across to touch you.

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 9:03 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?