<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Vignettes 

I drove across town last night to attend a meeting that didn't happen. I should have called first.

The members of the youth group are getting consistently more excited about their dreams and learning how God may be speaking to them through their dreams.

Why is it that when you go to the Publix deli, you always have to repeat your order?
"Can I help you, sir?"
"Yes, I'd like a pound of hickory smoked turkey, sliced thin, please."
(slight pause as the person maneuvers to the meat slicer)
"You want hickory smoked turkey?"
"Yes, please."
"And you'd like a half pound?"
"No, a full pound?"
"How do you want it sliced?"
"Thin, please."
I'm considering walking up to the deli counter the next time and when they ask if they can help me, say something off the wall like, "My, your new lampshade looks wonderful in that corner!" That way I won't have to repeat myself.

I'm serving dinner for nine people tonight. I need to clean off my dining room table and then figure out where to put the other four people.

I had an excellent work out yesterday.

-R

1 Comments:

e you putting four people on your dining room table???

Dad

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?