<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 07, 2006


Open Letter to CM Almy 

Dear CM Almy Design Executives:

I have recently been ordained a transitional deacon in the Episcopal church and as such, have made several orders from your company. During my seminary years, I also ordered from your company and enjoyed your products very much.

Now that I have been ordained, there have been some significant changes to my daily wardrobe. Namely, during the work week, I wear your clergy shirts almost exclusively. Since I have begun doing this, I have made a startling realization.

I am not fat enough to be a clergyperson.

In wearing your shirts, I have noted there is an abundance of room, shall we say, in the midsection of the shirt that does not correspond as one might think with the comparable neck size or arm length. Now, I understand that you have to design products that will suit many types and sizes of persons, but not all of us require so much "growing space." I think you are missing out on an important market here: primarily, the market of clergymen (yes, men in this case - you women have "Woman's Spirit" and all manner of pastel colors) who have close to a .5/1 neck size to waist size ratio.

Therefore, I am proposing a new kind of clergy shirt. This shirt, like your shirts which you advertise as being for customers of "ample" girth, would be aimed at those of us clergymen who are trim and fit. It would have a fitted chest (I recommend taking a page out of the book for Express for Men's 1MX shirt and use 1-2% lycra) and a slightly tapered tail (for the male "V" shaped body). For the short sleeved shirt, I recommend a banded sleeve, fitted to the arm.

I really do think there is a market for this; at least three of us that I can name.

Please let me know when I can expect the new line. Thank you for your time and attention in this important matter.

Faithfully,
Ryan Whitley

5 Comments:

Best start laying off that fruit n' tofu and start a more healthy diet of butter bacon burgers and chocolate cake.

By Blogger The Archer of the Forest, at 12:01 AM  


Just get some UnderArmor and paint on the little white square. Lazy wuss.

- Sherriff

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 AM  


Sherriff - I love that suggestion! And Archer, without a steady supply of homemade cookies anymore, I'm afraid it might be a lost cause!

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 8:27 AM  


Sadly, Women's Spirit has the same design philosophy. Now you know why so many of us are into the "converted" shirts. Call Jane for directions :)

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 10:15 AM  


Susie's right: WomenSpirit makes a really good quality blouse, but they also tend to be tailored, shall we say, for the more mature figure.

If you find dress shirts that will suit you, they can easily be converted with a little tailoring to either tab or banded collar, whichever your clerical heart desires (I've done both). Call or email for directions.

This is not, of course, to discourage you from the cookies and chocolate cake, if you are so inclined...

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 9:00 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?