<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 16, 2006


Cruising Through Convention 

I think it's a blessing in disguise that I will be on a cruise for the bulk of General Convention. A priest friend of mine just sent me an article that discussed the Episcopal blog wars going on about Convention and I think it's a little sad. A lot of the blogs I've read contain wrong information or rumor only, not to mention cheap pot shots at one another. Even my own diocese's "unofficial" Convention blog has thus far contained nothing more than cyber-boasting that one of our delegates was interviewed for virtueonline.com (not exactly CNN) - a fact I would try to hide rather than flag. I had hoped for better reporting of the news from the unofficial blog linked to on the diocesan webpage, but so far it hasn't come. So far, the only reliable news source I've found is the "Convention Daily", a newspaper published daily (imagine that!) at the convention and I would recommend that you get your news there, if you're a convention watcher. Me? I'm gonna be a sunset watcher down in the Caribbean, sipping on a pina colada and not thinking about politics. Thank God.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?