<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 21, 2006


Silent Hill 

For years, one of my favorite video games has been Silent Hill. The original game was creative, scary as hell (yes, actually frightening, not "it's suppossed to be scary but it's only a video game"), and had one of the best stories I've ever seen in a video game. Then, Silent Hill 2 came out and it was just as good. The story was not as good as the original, but it was close. And the game was just as scary - there were times when I actually jumped, and times when I was actually terrified to go around the next corner. Silent Hill 3 slipped a lot into the Resident Evil category of zombie-shooter with some thrills. Something of the game's edge was taken away when they equipped you with a machine gun; compare to the original where you had a six shooter with four bullets - things are a little more desparate then. I have not played Silent Hill 4: The Room yet because 3 was not as good, but some people tell me it returns to the game's roots.

All this is to say I am really excited about Silent Hill: The Movie. If it is done right, it can be one of the freakiest movies ever. If it is done wrong it can be just plain cheesy. I hope it is done right. I hope it is scary - because the story line is so creative and so odd and so frightening (that psychological kind of terror, not the blood and guts kind, though there is some blood), that to do it wrong would be an incredible injustice. I'll let you know what I think after I see it.

Mason, Sherriff, Hudd, Beal - it's too bad we can't see this one together.

-R

1 Comments:

Not that I don't enjoy doing stuff with you guys but... That movie is going to be terrible!

- Sherriff

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?