<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 28, 2006


"Play Church" Assignments 

The third quarter of the third year at Seabury, students can elect to take the Liturgical Practicum class, otherwise known as "play church". It's where we get to learn about how to "do" the liturgies, which we have already studied theologically and historically. Over the course of the term, we have to participate in three fake liturgies: once as a presider, once as a Deacon/Assistant/Preacher, and once as a participant. So, the assignments were finalized today. I will be:

Assistant Priest as a standard Rite II "Eucharist"
Presiding over the "Wedding" of two of my classmates
--and the crowning glory--
"Baptized" by Immersion

This made the term seem slightly more interesting. Between that and a friend of mine who is a junior telling me, lovingly, to quit whining about having a whole 7 or 8 more weeks of school left (point being he's got 2.25 years), I'm going to try and do a little less wallowing. This is not aided by the fact that I found out today another classmate of mine is doing 3 extra credits of field ed and doesn't have to return to class. Now, why didn't I think of that?! I was briefly tempted to do some serious drop/add work, but already being signed up for group projects and all, I thought that would be a jackass sort of thing to do. Plus, I don't want to deprive my classmates the joy of drowning...err...immersing me.

-R

4 Comments:

Oh, playchurch is the best.

You will not regret it.

I did the wedding, too! It's great fun. My "bride" turned up "pregnant" and brought Ruth a hat with a flower in it so she could be the matron of honor.

Announcing the banns at dean's mass was the best part.

By Blogger Emily, at 8:51 AM  


Emily,

"Announcing the Banns at Dean's Mass..."

Oh, thank you Emily, thank you.

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 10:12 AM  


Playchurch really was fabulous... i'm really glad i had it. All those liturgical IMs not withstanding :)

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 11:57 AM  


Baptized by immersion...thank ye, Jesus!

By Blogger The Archer of the Forest, at 4:26 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?