<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 14, 2006


I'm Confused 

So, the Israeli government says they need to see more autonomy from a proto-Palestinian government. They need to see a proto-Palestinian government deal with their own security issues and clamp down on terror and suicide attacks. That before they see this, they cannot relinquish military and police control totally.

So, then, not even hours after an international watch community leaves a prison in Jericho, Israel lays siege to the prison with tanks and bulldozers demanding the prison hand over one of the prisoners, who is reputed to have been involved in the assasination of an Israeli cabinet member. But wait a minute. Wasn't he already in prison? Now, I may have misread the situation, cause I admit, the news reports were confusing, but this just doesn't make any sense. And it makes me mad. This week, I find myself filled with more anger than is usual about the situation over there.

I'm angry. And if I'm angry all the way over here, I can only imagine how folks over there feel.

-R

[Later: As if in reply, BBC offers this Q&A. Next time, they can just post it under the comments section.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?