<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 23, 2006


Arrrrdbeg! 


Tomorrow night, ladies and gentlemen, connoisseurs and novices alike will arrive on my doorstep for the Second Annual Single Malt Tasting Party! I am getting really excited, because I think it's going to be a fantastic party - bigger than last year's. I have my bottle of the Scapa 12 all ready to go, a sweeter malt from the Isle of Orkney. I've confirmed bottles of the Dalmore 12 and the Cragganmore 12, and, ladies and gentlemen, I've even heard a rumor a rare bottle of the triple distilled Auchentoshan 21 yr might be making an appearance. The Bruichladdich 10 may also show up. Other bottles have RSVP'd, but have felt it was best not too announce their distilleries and years too early. Many will come: some will come for the scotch they know, love, and sometimes fear, some will come to learn, some will come for the company, and some will come to hear Buterbaugh try and pronouce a few of these names again. Today, I went out and bought fancy bottles of water and ridiculously expensive cheeses to serve up as complements. I also spent a lot of time on Rhapsody downloading that perfect assortment of tunes to be playing melodically in the background. Tomorrow, I will clean up the apartment and make it ready, transforming it from its humble beginnings into a haven for snobbery normally unseen this close to Howard St. Ladies and gentlemen, get your palettes ready, clear your sinuses, and get ready to remove those corks you've been having to guard from yourselves all week! Tomorrow is the night!

-R

3 Comments:

Can't wait, cheif...

And the good news is I have managed to keep my hands off the bottle of the 21-yr.

By Blogger The Archer of the Forest, at 10:57 AM  


I thought maybe you were inviting a bunch of Scottish pirates. Arrrr!

By Blogger Dawgdays, at 1:08 AM  


Oh, so sad to have missed that! Hmmm. Our cabinet is lacking a bottle of Scotch... maybe we'll remedy that in honor of your party.

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 8:31 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?