<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006


The Pillage of the Lady Chapel 

Late this afternoon, a burgular broke into St. Luke's, my field ed site. I was not on campus when it happened but helped on a second survey and search of the place after I got back. It appears nothing was taken, but some significant damage was done to the windows and doors in the building. It seems the marauder pried or tried to pry open several doors with a crowbar. The doors leading from the Baptistry to the Lady Chapel sustained the most damage. The altar of the Lady Chapel was messed up, but nothing serious really, except some broken glass. We can only speculate that this person was after cash or precious objects. Luckily, they got nothing. I swear, this sort of thing always happens around me (as I remember the robbery that happened when I worked at the bank) I'm beginning to wonder if I bring disaster to places. All told, there will be some serious repair work needing to be done and the installation of security cameras. Beyond that, we can say we're lucky no one was injured and nothing was stolen. Though I guess we're suppossed to pray for the thwarted thief, I find myself wishing God would fire off a well placed lightning bolt. Honestly...breaking into a church and smashing the place up...

-R

2 Comments:

Um . . . you may not want to mention this to a prospective employer.

By Blogger Reverend Ref +, at 10:47 PM  


Interesting. . . on Sunday between 2pm and 5:45pm, my field-ed site was vandalized. . . what's going on here? Are you responsible for bringing disaster to Elk Grove Village too?! ;)

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 10:24 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?