<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 02, 2006


Don't Pray For Me, Blogaria 

I know that a lot of people are praying for me during this week, while I take the GOEs. And it feels good. Your prayers are definitely felt. But, I want to ask a favor. There are others out there who need your prayers far more than I do. The partner of one of my classmates lays in the hospital, in all likelihood spending his last days this side of Heaven. My uncle Al is undergoing lifechanging surgery tomorrow afternoon on his ankle, which would normally be less complicated than it is going to be, but his case is extraordinarily complicated by MS. So, my favor is that you would pray for them first. And then, and only then (just so I don't sound too pious), your prayers for me during the GOEs would be appreciated. I have prepared. I have organized. I am ready. My books and notes are organized. My desk is clean. On it from left to right are a picture of my uncle, my dad and I, to remind me of Al as he goes through the surgery; my address book to remind me of all those out there who have faith in me; my coffee cup for obvious purposes; and an icon I got in Jerusalem of the Holy Trinity inviting me into the Holy Presence. See you on the other side (of this week.)

-R




3 Comments:

Fortunately, there's always room on the prayer list.

You and the class of '06 are all there on mine.

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 9:23 AM  


Hang in there! You are going to do well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  


Hope it went well. You were certainly prayed for over here.

By Blogger Emily, at 12:21 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?