<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 16, 2005


Between Job Interviews and Babies 

Yesterday I was at job interview #1 south of here and I think it went pretty well. The interview itself consisted of about an hour's private conversation with the rector, a tour of the grounds, about an hour and a half's conversation with 3 members of the vestry, and a 3 hour dinner at a fancy, I mean fancy, restaurant. I do believe I was wined and dined for the first time in my life. Before the interview I got some helpful hints from both the Rev. Ref and Rev. Jane and that kept me focused and grounded.

Tonight I have been invited to dinner by an old high school friend of mine who had a baby recently. She is a single mom working hard to stay afloat and when I ran into her over Thanksgiving at her hostessing job we said we'd try to get reconnected over this winter break so I could see the baby. We're going to Carrabba's, a pretty good Italian restaurant.

Then, tomorrow, I am off to job interview #2 north of here. Because it is a good distance away, they are kindly putting me up for the night, so we can do interviewing tomorrow afternoon and evening and then I can attend services Sunday morning and get a feel for what their worship style is like. I was at job interview #1's worship service last Sunday.

When I return some of my other wandering friends should be back as well so we'll try to get together. Another friend of mine from high school and his wife had their first child and we all want to make our visitation. If you had told me 6 years ago that this particular friend would be the first among us to get married and have a kid I would have called you a fool, but I guess God uses fools to confound the wise, or something like that. Their baby was born last Saturday, so it's fairly fresh.

In some exciting news, the Dirty Frenchman is coming home!! One of my best friends from high school days whom I haven't seen in about 4 years is finally coming home from the Big Apple where he has been living and working for the past years. It will be good to see him indeed!

So, lots of exciting things going on and I'm running on pure extroversion fuel. Time to go get ready for tonight's dinner now.

-R

5 Comments:

Good luck on the interviews and at Carabba's, man! And tell Pierre and the rest of the Florida gang Beal says hi.

ZAX out,

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  


Hope all of your interviews go well - you are back in my neck of the woods!

Enjoy your time catching up with old friends :o)

-Randall

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM  


Glad to hear it's going well, bro. Prayers continue...

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 9:46 AM  


I don't think I've ever heard a baby called "fairly fresh" before - but I'm glad you're able to share in their joy.

By Blogger Beth, at 2:42 PM  


I try to come up with new and creative ways of communicating Beth, you know that!

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 4:47 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?