<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 24, 2005


Happy Thanksgiving 

One of the things for which I am thankful is the time and opportunity to read for pleasure. Yes, Susie, I know you think I'm crazy. So far, since I have been home I have

finished what was already started:
The Wind-up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami);

read completely:
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis)
A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book the First - The Bad Beginning (Lemony Snicket)
A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book the Second - The Reptile Room (ibid.);

begun:
Ilium (Dan Simmons);

and checked out from the library:
The Golden Age (John C. Wright)

I hope everyone one of you faithful readers enjoyed your Thanksgiving, eat too much turkey, and enjoyed some leisure time curled up in a chair with a good book, or five.

-R

2 Comments:

You'll be pleased to know that I actually spent my day off last week reading a book in my new chair. After I put the chair together, that is.

Happy thanksgiving!

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 5:44 PM  


Clearly, someone else does the Thanksgiving cooking in your house, if you had time to read.

Well, ok. I did reread a quick favorite from elementary/middle school before bed nights. But days were mostly spent prepping and consequently celebrating Thanksgiving.

Ah, for such luxury...

By Blogger Beth, at 10:58 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?