<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 03, 2005


Veni, Sancte Spiritus 

Congratulations and many blessings to the Rev. Tim Squier, ordained a priest in God's one, holy, apostolic, and catholic church this evening. The service was wonderful (I took note of a few things I really liked that I may use for my own eventual ordination, God willing and the people consenting: full prostration for the Litany, consecration of the hands with chrism, binding of the hands). One I liked about my friend Doug's ordination that was not a part of this one was during the laying on of hands by the bishop and priests and deacons, a choir chanted the words "veni, Sancte Spiritus" (come, Holy Spirit) over and over and over again while a soloist sang some verses and antiphons.

And with that, life has returned to normal after my vacation weekend. We had the animal blessing service at St. Luke's this morning and about 300 humans showed up with over 150 animals easily, including a tortoise. It really put a big smile on my face to see the pews so full there. Hopefully those who came who maybe had not come before will be inclined to come again. That is my prayer. Now it is back to classes, assignments, meetings, and discussions. What a perfect cap for a wonderful weekend.

-R

P.S. And I promise, some of my thinking on when it is justified to go to war really is coming...

2 Comments:

That's really cute that a tortoise came. I love the blessing of the animals. I once had somebody bring a plastic toy dinosaur.

-bp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 AM  


Ryan,
Tom at St. Hils, don't remember the name of the parish but in my Chicago days they would troop with cross and torches and inscense and holy water through Lincoln Park Zoo leaving every creature in abject terror! It was great fun. Where was the ordination? At St. James?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?