<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 10, 2005


Unintentional Hiatus 

Sorry I've been so absent from here recently. This new schedule of having night classes is really jerking with my rhythm and most days I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I was gone all weekend on a odyssey to Ohio that took longer than expected (was suppossed to be home Friday night, but was instead back on Saturday night), but was a learning experience. I am behind in my homework reading on account of that and find I am still confused about what sort of a regular Hebrew schedule I will have.

Next week should be better.

In literary news, I finished LotR a while ago and have started on another Murakami adventure, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, which has been given rave reviews by several of my trusted friends. If you've not read Murakami before, I highly suggest it. My friend Bingham brought him to my attention with Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, which I really enjoyed, and am thus enthused about reading this next one.

-R

2 Comments:

Let us know what you think about Wind-Up Bird when you're done. I tried it and got bogged down in a long war flashback in the middle and never finished it. My brother said that it's worth getting through it, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it. You're a more avid reader than I, so I suspect that you'll make it through with no problem. This is supposed to be his great epic, the best piece of literature that he wrote. I also recommend Norwegian Wood, which is his most popular piece.

-bp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  


Awesome BP. Will do! Yes, I have Norwegian Wood on my shelf as well. I'll let you know how they go.

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 12:31 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?