<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005


Open our Eyes 

I am preaching this Wednesday, for the third time I think, at St. Luke's mid-week Healing Eucharist. We will transfer, from the following day, the feast of William Tyndale, priest and martyr. I am hoping that the Gospel can be read in Tyndale's translation (providing, of course, a NRSV translation for the congregants as well) so that we might be able to hear how it sounds aloud, making it come alive and not just history. After all, a man died to bring it to us.

I will be using a text for this sermon, which I have not done before when preaching at St. Luke's, so that should be interesting. The reason that I have decided to do that is simple, I want to use quotes from Tyndale himself, and I want the sermon to be of a certain eloquence and articulate nature that would better be served by being written down than not. Tyndale was a person for whom words were very important, and I want to honor that by not wasting any.

-R

1 Comments:

What a good reason to use a manuscript. I like preaching both ways, but they are definitely different experiences.

By Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora, at 2:36 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?