<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 02, 2005


Well, That Was New... 

So, I'm at the Sox/Tigers game tonight, for what is more than likely going to be my last MLB game of the season, and round about the 4th inning a man comes jogging up the steps. Not unusual. But, then he vomits. All over the stairs two steps down from my aisle seat and I am unfortunately caught in some splashage. This caused me to swear violently, for which I later had to apologize to the kids in front of me. Now, what I don't understand is, how do you get that drunk on beers that cost $5.50???

Other than that, the game was lots of fun, even if the Tigers got routed. (As I was there on Jeff's tickets from his company, and he's a big Tigers fan, I was a Tigers fan tonight, too.) We had excellent seats in the 100 level on the first base side. I figure I've done pretty good this season. I set out at the beginning of May witha promise to myself to see more ballgames this summer as it is my last summer in this fair city of two ballparks, and I've done it. I've seen 8 Major League Teams play, and, of course, the Cubs and the Sox multiple times - Cubs, Sox, Braves, Tigers, Orioles, Reds, Dodgers, and Twins. And the vast majority of the games, I didn't have to pay for!! Even better!

-R

[Later: In my general disgust over being puked on, I forgot to mention one of the neater things I've seen at a ball game. Three Roman nuns, in full habit, sat several rows in front of us. They bore a large sign that said, "Nuns love the White Sox!", and featured a picture of a nun hitting a homerun. In the 7th inning stretch these ladies, all of them in their sixties to my guessing, were dancing in the aisles and then were invited up on top of the dugout to continue their dance. That was awesome! Good for the nuns, for getting out and enjoying a ballgame!]

5 Comments:

Randolph, I need your snail mail addy, please. You can email it to lacydz @ tlcdelivers.com.

Please and thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  


hahaha, your crappy football team is crappier than Vandy's crappy football team :-) Althought I think Duke takes the cake on that one....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 AM  


I think you get THAT DRUNK on $5.50 beers the same way you get drunk on free beer - one glass too many at a time.

The Mayor of Chicago, signing off.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  


The Twins are coming back to Chicago again and tickets may be available. Let me know
Dad

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:10 PM  


Three Roman nuns? I didn't think Italians knew the first thing about baseball.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?