<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 27, 2005


Psalm 4:8 

I lie down in peace; at once I fall asleep;
For only you, LORD, make me dwell in safety.

This brings me comfort. When I made all those prayers as a child and when I make my prayers now, though somewhat more formal and “adult-like” they may be, I often don’t get through them all before I fall asleep. You have set my mind at ease and helped me to be at peace when I lie down. I am praying, but my eyes close and my breathing slows and I fall asleep with unfinished prayers on my lips. I used to feel guilty about this. Then someone once said this was ok, because it is ok to fall asleep in the arms of God, telling God the things on our heart. What we don’t hear, cause we’re asleep, is the comforting reply of our divine parent, “I know, child. Now, sleep.” I can sleep well knowing I am in the arms of my Savior. And all will be well when I wake up. Sometimes I just need to be reminded.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?