<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 24, 2005


Psalm 4:6 

Many are saying,
“Oh, that we might see better times!”
Lift up the light of your countenance upon us, O Lord.

Many are saying that? I know I am. I am most guilty of it. I want to see better times in my country, in my government, in my school. I am the first to cry “Disaster” when something goes wrong at seminary. I then am reassured that all will be well. I hope that is the case. I wish we could see better times in the nation too. War is abroad and three, maybe four of my friends are off fighting. I wish they did not have to learn about war that way. In a perfect world, in a world where we saw the better times according to Ryan, they would survive the war and come back with a better understanding of its horrors and why it must be averted. But for now, in this world, I will settle for them just coming back in one piece. Lift up your light, O LORD, upon us, indeed! We are in darkness. Prepare us for the light and then show us your glory.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?