<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 23, 2005


Psalm 4:5 

Offer the appointed sacrifices
and put your trust in the LORD.

I am noticing the order here. These are all instructions and I cannot help but think they are listed in order of importance. See how hierarchical my mind is? First I am supposed to know that the LORD does wonders for the faithful. Not just imagine it, but really know it deep down. Then, when I know that, I will have no choice but to tremble, and in my trembling I will abstain from sinning. There is no doubt in my mind that this will lead to earnest and fervent prayer. Prayers of the Day. Prayers of the Week. Prayers of the Month. Prayers of the Year. And then maybe I’ll realize that God hears all my prayers equally, and each are equally as important to Him. I’m the only one who orders them. Then it comes time for the liturgical actions, not before. And in the most holy Sacrifice of the Mass, my trust will be put in the Lord utterly. For if it is not, I am eating and drinking my own damnation.

-R

2 Comments:

Hi Ryan,
Although you say, "order of importance," your comments seem rather to indicate "order of logical priority." That is, you don't seem to be saying that the liturgical task is more optional than the others, but rather that it ought logically to follow them rather than to precede them.

Or am I putting words in your mouth and going off on my own thing, as I am wont to do?

By Blogger geebrooke, at 8:37 AM  


Brooke,

Yes, I think that's right - "order of logical priority" is more along the lines of what I was trying to say.

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 4:21 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?