<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Psalm 4:3 

Know that the LORD does wonders for the faithful;
when I call upon the LORD, he will hear me.

Oh, I bet he does do wonders for the faithful. God once said all it took was faith the size of a mustard seed and we could move mountains. I remember hearing that in Sunday school and thinking that’s all I had to aspire too. The size of a mustard seed wasn’t very big. I know - we had visual aids. But I haven’t moved any mountains lately. So, what does that say about my faith? I feel like I’m trying to convince myself here. When I call upon the LORD he will hear me. That’s what it says, right there in plain Hebrew. If that is so, then why do I have to start my prayer by pleading, “Hear my prayer?” Do you not know when I am praying to you? Or is it like dialing a telephone number? What wonders has the LORD done in my life? Plenty wondrous things. Give me the humility to see them for the wonders they are. My family. My friends. My calling. To name a few wonders.

1 Comments:

on the day I called, You answered me-
You increased my strength of soul


lwj

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?