<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 19, 2005


A Meditation Series - Psalm 4 

Psalm 4 has really been speaking to me lately, and I have been meditating on it. Tonight I set down some of those thoughts. I want to share them here, but I think I will only do so one verse at a time, each night, for the next 8 nights. 8 nights for 8 verses. I'll still post other things too, but I do what to share these short meditations with you.


Psalm4:1

Answer me when I call, O God, defender of my cause;
you set me free when I am hard-pressed;
have mercy on me and hear my prayer.


Sometimes I feel like I really need to cry out for God to answer. It’s like talking on a cell phone while the other person has lost the signal and you only figure that out minutes later, after you’ve told your story to thin air. Answer me, God! I’m calling you! But you do answer. You have answered. You have defended me when I have been assaulted and you have set me free when I have been in chains. Have I known it? Have I recognized it? O God, have mercy on me. Help me to see and recognize your mercy. Hear my prayer. Really hear it God. Really listen. Hear my prayer.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?