<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 13, 2005


He Must Have Had a Bad Day 

It was so hot in my apartment today and tonight that I had to leave. I was sweating while sitting there, sweating while eating, sweating while watching TV. I think I was even sweating while showering, and that's no mean feat. So, I mustered up the energy to get my hebrew books together and headed to Borders. There, in the cafe while I was make flash cards, a man approached the counter and the following conversation ensued:

Man: Is that cinnamon roll soft or hard?
Cafe Guy: Umm....soft.
Man: Ok, then, I'll take a piece of carrot cake and the cinnamon roll.
Cafe Guy: Ok.
Man: Oh, and is that a macadamia nut cookie I see hiding back there?
Cafe Guy: No, that's a [didn't hear what kind] cookie.
Man: What an unusual combination for a cookie! Ok, I'll try that too.
Cafe Guy: So you want all three? The cake, the cinnamon roll, and the cookie?
Man: Absolutely.

I don't even want to know what kind of a day this guy had.

-R

2 Comments:

I think America needs more people like this man who order three desserts just for the heck of it and fewer people like the rest of us who tremble at the thought of so many calories.

I'm going to eat an entire pie tonight out of respect for what this pioneer has shown us.

By Blogger BrotherBeal, at 9:12 AM  


Did you actually see him eat all three desserts? If not, perhaps he has some hungry friends and - this is key - these friends just happen to like exactly the same fascinating desserts --- soft cinnamon rolls, whatever-they-are cookies, and carrot cake! Hmmmm. . . maybe I could be this guy's friend!

By Blogger Debra, at 2:50 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?