<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 30, 2005


Almost there... 

Ok, I am almost done. Will y'all faithful readers please comment on the legibility of this new format. I'm particularly interested in how readable the text is and how easy it is on your eyes to read. I'm less interested, though still would appreciate your remarks, on how you like the new colors and fonts.

My working idea for colors and fonts was "ocean and grass", just to give you an idea of where I was coming from. Don't ask where I dreamed that up, it just came to me, and I've learned to run with that when that happens.

I am working on one more thing that would really make it sharp, but that one thing happens to be really difficult and so I've emailed a friend for some advice. If he can help me do it, then it might be able to get done, but if not, then what you see here is likely 99% finished product.

You'll notice I have eliminated the sub-title, "A Maze of Lyrics". That was a holdover from my much older website where I posted my poetry and I used it when I started the blog cause I didn't know what else to use. But now I don't post poetry really anymore (I hardly write any, anymore) and I think most people know my blog as "Everyday Faith". So, that is the only and official title now.

-R

8 Comments:

very readable.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  


Ryan,

I like this much better. Cleaner and definitely easier to navigate.

By Blogger Emily, at 9:47 PM  


Hey -- generally I like it. However, I don't really like the green links on the blue background over on the left. That particular combination messes with my eyes.

By Blogger Reverend Ref +, at 11:34 PM  


I like it . . . ocean and grass, very calming.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  


For the most part, I think it's a definite improvement. My two suggestions: 1) Make the banner a wee bit flashier with some sort of text effect. The block lettering is just..meh. 2) When you mouse over the links on the side, their new dark blue color blends in too easily with the background.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  


I think it looks nice. It is very readable. But being a Methodist, I may not know what I'm talking about. :-)

By Blogger Jim, at 10:15 PM  


Ryan,
Greetings from Colorado! Much
easier to read! Enjoy the next few weeks of freedom!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM  


Very readable, very oceanic and grassy.

I thought of the ocean before I saw you mention it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?