<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 27, 2005


Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow 

The refugee family from Liberia has arrived; we welcomed them at the airport tired and strained from their two day journey which began in Freetown, Sierra Leone. They are overwhelmed as I had suspected, but overwhelmed in a good way. Their new home is lovely! After we left yesterday, the furniture was all installed and all the heavy lifting was done. Then, the women came in to give the place a feminine touch and decorate the place nicely. So, when we arrived tonight it looked marvelous! There was all kinds of cool things for the children, like sports equipment and magazines, and a TV. The parents were excited to be there and I am so happy for them. I will return to their house at 9am tomorrow to check on them and make sure everything is ok, as they do not yet have phone service. Then, I'm preaching at the 10am wednesday service at St. Luke's. And, while I had a sermon sort of worked out, that all changed when I saw these four wonderful faces coming towards me in O'Hare tonight. So, I'll be working out the new sermon in the shower, which I'm going to now. I feel...successful, again, much like I felt while doing the clinical work of CPE. I'm doing ministry. I'm doing what God has called me to do and there is no feeling like it in the world. Pray for us. Pray for the family, that they may adapt well and that all that may go right, so does.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?