<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 27, 2005


Cookout Humor 

Tonight was a cookout night for the newly arrived Liberian family at the church and yours truly was the grill meister. It was loads of fun adn the family seemed much more at ease today than yesterday. While chatting with some parishoners there, I told the story of the Lambda Chi Alpha/Kappa Kappa Gamma Luau pineapple question. At this Luau, held several years ago now, I was making pineapple boats, and one young lady walked up to me, picked up a toothpick with a pineapple attached and asked me, "Is it healthy?" Now, she was a Kappa and so prone to asking such questions, and so I just smiled and said, "Yes, Elizabeth, it's healthy." This story elicited several chuckles from the parishoners and one said, "You missed your golden opportunity to ask the perfect question back! You should have asked in return, "Why? What are you going to do with it?"

-R

3 Comments:

"...a Kappa and so prone to asking such questions..." What is that??

The Kappas at Purdue, at the time I was attending, had one of the highest cumulative GPA's of any Greek house on campus. One of my friends there was part of the reason: Kathy graduated with a 6.0, was invited to give the valedictory address at Commencement, and then sailed through Vanderbilt's vet school.

Careful with your generalizations, bro-- your biases are showing.

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 10:18 AM  


I remember that cookout... sigh...

Sherriff

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  


You're right Jane, my biases are showing. I'm biased in favor of the Tri-Delts; always have been.

Good to see the boys all chiming in here too!.

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 6:24 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?