<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005


This Post is Untitled 

About a month ago or so, the following conversation took place between a friend and me.

G: "I can't wait for the new Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt movie to come out."
Ryan: "Why? What's it about?"
G: "Who cares!!"

So, tonight, Macdaddy and I went to see it. I was in the mood for a shoot 'em up, blow 'em up movie and well, frankly, it's rare when I'm not in the mood to see Angelina Jolie. But, I was surprised by the movie - it turned out to be a little bit better than I was expecting. I was anticipating coy jokes, lots of explosions, and some cool spy stuff, but there was also the slightest hint of real emotion that spiced the flick just right I thought. It didn't try to be too much, try to be something it wasn't. But it also didn't roll over and take its place alongside other large explosion movies. I thought the funniest part was the scene where the kid was wearing a "Fight Club" movie t-shirt while being interrogated by Brad Pitt.

This one comes in at an 7.0 on the Huddleston Explosion Quota Scale.

Beal arrives sometime tomorrow after I go to bed. I asked him if he knew what to do to make sure I woke up when he got here. He replied, "Pound on the door shouting something about crack?" I said, "No, that might get you a customer. Ring the bell."

My doorbell would be best suited for a large mansion, able to be heard throughout. Instead, it was installed on my lil one bedroom apartment. It shakes the walls when it goes off. Cookout at Seabury Thursday night. Ryan's Magical Free Beer Extravaganza at Duffy's on Friday night. Chicago Diocese Diaconate Ordinations on Saturday. Sunday sees me in an official capacity at St. Luke's for the first time. Millie probably coming by for a few days sometime in there or shortly thereafter. Big times coming up. Thank goodness. I won't be bored anymore.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?