<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 05, 2005


My New Toy; A Full Day 

Ryan with Bike
Ryan with Bike,
originally uploaded by whitleyrr.
Today was quite the full day, after I dragged my lazy butt out of bed 'round about 10:30am. I had some breakfast and a pot of Ceylon Waltz while doing a little reading. Then, I got dressed to ride and took my bike out for a spin along the lakeshore path that runs up through Northwestern and a little ways beyond. That was great amounts of fun!! Since I've gotten the bike, I've decided walking anywhere is really a slow way of doing things. While taking a sun break on a rock by the lake, some friends from the seminary passed me on their constitutional, so it was decided there would be a photo taken. I luckily returned home minuites before a monsoon struck the greater Evanston area. After it passed, I went down to the Lincoln Park Zoo with a friend who loves animals and we had fun there. A few pictures will be posted shortly. I had never been to the zook, but it was definitely on my list of things to do in Chicago while here. It struck me as odd to find this refuge of (semi-)wildlife smack dab in the middle of the big city. While there, we encountered what has to be the funniest sign I have ever seen. I snapped a shot of it and as soon as I get it uploaded, I'll share it here. It had us laughing for hours. We'd be doing something else and then just start laughing when we thought ot it again. After the zoo, we headed down to Millenium Park for the 21st Annual Gospel Music Festival. Picking up some subway sandwiches along the way, we ate while sitting in the grass and getting our praise on! TOwards the end of that it started to rain again, so we went back to her apartment for the last innings of the Braves game, just in time to see Julio Franco win the game for us. Now, I am tired and heading to bed so that I can be rested for tomorrow, another bittersweet day. It is the last Canterbury service of the year and several of the people with whom I am the closest there are graduating, so this is their last service. I will miss them next year, but they are all going on to some pretty wonderful things. Good luck to y'all! And now, I'm to the bed.

-R

1 Comments:

Ryan,
I think I put Lincoln Park Zoo on your "To Do List" two years ago? There is a smallish Episcopal Church near the park, in my day on the Freast of St. Francis at the end of Solomn Evensong the priest, acoyles, congregation would all troop through the zoo terroizing the critters with Holy water and smoke!
Also on the list is the Opera, the Art Institute, the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium, the Oriental Institute, the Botanical Gardens, and this summer the Ravinia Festival! Have you ever seen more flowers in any city in the world? I read they have more gardeners now than cops! Enjoy that wonderful city. Tom

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?