<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 28, 2005


CTA Stories 

From time to time I post interesting stories about things I've seen or heard while on the CTA. Recently, I discovered the blog of someone who writes about that stuff exclusively. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the CTA Tattler.

For my own contribution, I'll point out that while on the train this past weekend, I encountered a sharply dressed young couple, the lady of whom was carrying in her arms ar glass vase filled with water and two goldfish. I overheard them say to someone else it was the centerpiece at the party they had just attended and they had the red dot sticker on the bottom of their plate. I've heard of giving away the poinsettia at Christmas, but goldfish???

Enjoy the Tattler's tales, now linked to in my blogroll.

-R

3 Comments:

Are you quite sure they were goldfish and not beta fish? Just checking. It is quite popular these days to give away beta fish as a party favor - I, for one, find it an odd practice; but then, I have cats and fish are, well, um. . . how to put it delicately (food).

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 12:18 PM  


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 12:18 PM  


Yeah, they were definitely goldfish. Someone else I mentioned this to made the macabre suggestion that the goldfish were for eating...live. Apparently, that's a kick in certain drug cultures??

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 5:43 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?