<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 20, 2005


Panel Discussion 

Tonight I was asked to sit on an informal panel discussion for the Seabury Juniors. The topic is CPE. What a great idea!! I wish we had had something like that before we went into CPE, cause I, at least, went into it completely unprepared and more than a little scared. So, tonight, I was reviewing a few of my CPE blogs and looking over some old verbatims. I am excited to be able to share some of my experiences with those who are about to go through this crucible, but more importantly, I am thrilled that I and whoever else sits on this panel, will be able to give them a head start on figuring out what CPE is really all about. It took me six of the twelve weeks of the program to get a loose grasp on that, and by the time I had it figured out, I had handed in my badge and pulled out of Lutheran's parking lot for the last time. But then again, maybe that's the way it is supposed to be. Anyway, in a week's time, I will get to talk about CPE with those about to do it and I'm kinda excited about that. If you've a few spare prayers hanging around this summer, send one or two up for my colleagues taking care of the sick.

-R

P.S. I got a really nice compliment today in Hebrew class. We were talking about the Intermediate Hebrew course offerred at Garrett in the Fall and how everyone who takes it starts off on a wide spectrum of proficiency. But, by the end of it, all the students are pretty close to each other in a high degree of reading proficiency. The student that I pretty much consider to be the most advanced student in the class replied to this by saying, "Well, basically that just means we'll all catch up to Ryan." Wow! Kinda makes a fella feel good, even if he was just being kind. He really is the better Hebrew student.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?