<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 03, 2005


Just My Feelings 

Today, our brother was driven from the chapel, and my heart bleeds. My sould feels as if it has been pierced. That corporate wound issued in your name tore a hole. That rent, so glibly responded to - "So long, take care." - swallowed the rest of our prayers. That injury festered the rest of our praise. And yet we dared still to come before your altar?! Forgive us, Lord, in your mercy. How do we repair what has been done? Where there is hatred, let us sow love. Where there is injury, pardon.

-R

4 Comments:

For another viewpoint

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 3:58 PM  


As a frequent reader, I'm lost. what happened?

By Blogger Jim, at 7:47 PM  


Jim,

Best you get it straight from the horse's mouth: Recent Escapades

What this story does not mention, and what incensed me the most, was the flippant way in which the preacher responded, "So long! Take Care!" He had just gotten done praying that the Holy Spirit would descend so that only the Spirit's words may be spoken and only the Spirit's words heard. I cannot fathom the Holy Spirit saying, "So long! Take care!"

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 11:36 PM  


This thread gets my ire up. Cannot say anything more.

J

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?