<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 09, 2005


Forms and Paperwork 

When my diocesean office transitioned the position of "Seminarians' Watchdog" a lot of my paperwork apparently got lost in the shuffle. Frustrating, but not surprising. So, sometime in March I received a bunch of paperwork to re-fill out for them. This paperwork came after my meeting with the COM which resulted in them recommending me for candidacy, so somewhat needless to say, I set it on the back burner. The first day of "reading week" (read: "no classes") today seemed like a fine day to fill them out again. Now, that is done and I'll be sending them off today.

All you future/potential postulants/seminarians out there: KEEP A COPY OF ALL YOUR PAPERWORK. IF IT COMES FROM YOUR DIOCESEAN OFFICE OR YOU SEND IT TO THE DIOCESEAN OFFICE OR IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PROCESS - KEEP IT!!!

-R

3 Comments:

Oh, you bet! I have a fat file folder chock full of this form and that letter. . . When in doubt-- it stays. And that has saved me some aggravation more than once.

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 3:02 PM  


What Jane Ellen said!

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 8:48 PM  


I really think that the various COM's around the country send each other tips on how to complicate our lives: "Psst! Try this! It'll really mess with their pointy little seminarian heads!"

- Karen
gnashing teeth over lost background check in the diocese of California

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?