<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 30, 2005


36 Hour Day; Too Much Good Reading 

I am once again making a serious push for a 36 hour day. This will enable us to do so much more that needs to get done. Of course, there is a rider bill attached that stipulates we will still only require 8 hours of sleep (14 if your MacDaddy).

I'm preparing for a big service I'm MCing on Monday, April 4 for the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary and need to get the ordo finalized for printing. The whole thing is gonna be awesome and I'm so excited! Anglican Chant! Incense! Copes AND Chasubles! Deacon AND Sub-deacon! Oh, wow, it's gonna be something! So many thanks to all the people who are helping make it possible!

I'm working diligently on my Hebrew, which is steadily getting more complicated, the more grammatical points we add to our learning.

The EPF at Seabury is having a guest lecturer come speak to the student body tomorrow morning - Rabbi Dr. Gerald Meister, who helped establish the official diplomatic relations between Israel and the Vatican. I've worked with the Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest to arrange this speaker and am kinda pumped about it. Being the convener, I get to make the introductions tomorrow. Gonna be fun. Why? Because I get to speak publicly.

Yesterday's brief foray into Eco made me want to read the other essays in Serendipities, finish the essays I haven't read in How to Travel with a Salmon, and re-read both The Name of the Rose and Foucault's Pendulum (which reminds me I've got a history of the Knights Templar I want to get to as well!). Then a footnote in "The Force of Falsity" pointed be back to Borges, which made me want to dive into a few more of his insane stories! Plus I want to finish, with understanding, The Brothers Karamazov so that I can read the next few novels in my queue.

Folks, there just isn't enough time to do all this!! So, who is with me on the 36 hour day?

-R

4 Comments:

Ryan. I love ECO. When I came here, I brought with me three books - Infinite Jest (which, once I had the time to read it without the distractions of my undergrad reading was PHENOMENAL), Borges short stories and ECO's name of the rose.

AMAZING. I cna't get enough. and i especially love how Eco talks bad about borges in his works :)

i miss you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  


Mel-

Awesome! When I said I wanted to get to some of the other novels in my queue, Wallace's "Infinite Jest" is one of them...sitting on my bookshelf staring at me saying, "come on, wuss, come on!!"
-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 8:49 AM  


Personally, I would settle for an infant who falls asleep immediately after eating (allowing me to work whilst awake during the day) and/or an infant sleeps through the night (allowing me to work whilst I should be sleeping).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  


Ryan,
You did not mention that you also lifted.
mitch

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?