<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 14, 2005


Quips 

It seems that the Duke Blue Devils have developed a serious allergy to turtle.

If professors require that silly little homework assignments be typed, they need to say so in the instructions.

In general, people should say what they mean and mean what they say.

Who is he. He is she. Dog is fish.

Tomorrow is S.A.D. - as someone tonight put it - Single's Awareness Day. I'll be having a fine Scotch.

Next week's WFU/Duke game is on Sunday, not Saturday as I had thought. I'm having my annual party for that event. That means I will not be able to use the awesome free tickets I got to Sunday's Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Anyone want a free pair of tix? First floor seats, face value $69/ticket. First come first serve.

-R

4 Comments:

An interesting juxtaposition, these two.

In general, people should say what they mean and mean what they say.In other words, eschew obfuscation.

Who is he. He is she. Dog is fish.A prime example of obfuscation.

By Blogger Dawgdays, at 9:21 AM  


Sorry, K, the tix have already been snatched up.

And Wes, I mean exactly what I say. Who is he. He is she. Dog is fish. ;) I'm learning Hebrew pronouns and that's the little phrase to help you remember some. Hu is "he", "hi" is she...

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 10:56 AM  


Sadly you have forgotten a line of your beloved poem which, in its entirety, should read:

Who is he?
He is she.
Me is who.
And dog is fish.

I appreciate that you've given it the publicity that this little known linguist deserves. . . in fact, so little known that I don't know -- would love to know the originator of the "poem."

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 2:50 PM  


Not that I'm reading blogs during class, but Frank literally *just* taught us that poem, and not two seconds later I clicked onto your blog and saw "Who is he..."

weird.

By Blogger Beth, at 3:43 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?