<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 27, 2005


One of the Best Movies of the Year 

Well, given that it is only February, I guess I'll have to say that Diary of a Mad Black Woman is one of the best movies of the year so far. This movie was at the same time both hilarious and very serious, the accomplishment of a gifted writer. The acting was pretty top notch, with the exception of the charater of Orlando, which was mediocre. But, I'll say that that character was the flattest of them all - a pretty stock, new boyfriend after a big break-up character. All the other characters had tons of backstory to them that left you wondering and wanting more. The movie had a good moral message too, and one that was complicated by all the ins and outs of reality. In other words, it was not blase. I highly recommend this film; expect to be both entertained and warmed. Laugh and cry out loud.

There was one thing which put a bit of a cloud over the evening though. As we came out of the theater, I noticed something unusual. I have seen a lot of movies in this theater, at all times of the day and night. Never have I seen this many uniformed police officers there before, just casually milling about. Now, we all know that correlation does not equal causation...but still you gotta wonder, as Jeff said, what that police memo said.

-R

[3-2]

2 Comments:

What do the numbers at the bottom mean in parentheses [3-2]???

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  


My brother Brennan will be so glad someone finally asked! He has commanded me that I publicize his high school baseball team's, for whom he pitches, win-loss record on the blog. So, that's what th numbers mean. Anything for the bro...

-R

By Blogger Ryan, at 10:43 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?