<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005


Weekend Adventures with Mom 

On Thursday night my Mother came into town, and we've been having a great time so far. The Community Eucharist on Thursday night at Seabury was interesting, being celebrated in Korean and English, with three brief homilies in Korean, English, and Spanish. (Someone insisted the congregation clap after the sermons were completed - a practice I abhor.) On Friday, after I returned from Hebrew class, we went out to the Old Orchard Mall to look around and have dinner before returning to Evanston to see "Finding Neverland", which wasn't playing at Old Orchard. It was a decent enough movie and Johnny Depp never fails to impress me, but it wasn't so good that you'd need to drop everything right now and go see it. Today we are headed downtown so she can get her fill of the big city (as she loves both big cities and winter) where we'll have a respite at the Drake for Afternoon Tea. Later on tonight we're meeting Sam for dinner at the Grand Lux, a favorite restaurant of ours before retiring so that we can get up early tomorrow to head the the Church of the Ascension. Yes, I'm taking her there, but I'll give her a primer first. Should be a good time. Ok, we're off now.

-R

2 Comments:

Oooo... how could you resist the Drake!? One of my favorites :o)

Hope you have bunches of fun with your mom!

-Randall
randallauvil@aol.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  


On clapping after sermons. . . I bet you were also cheering when Rodriguez described his experience of walking out of services when the congregation applauded a hymn which they themselves had sung particularly well! I know I did. On the topic of sermons. . . not really in the same category, but it certainly makes me uncomfortable too.

By Blogger The Rev. Dr. Debra K. Bullock, at 6:37 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?