<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 17, 2005


Ah, the Idyllic Sound... 

The day was almost done and I am enjoying my 24-21 OT victory over the 'Huskers for the National Championship (in playstation college football, that is), getting ready to go to the preseason, Frank's favorite part. Then, above the cheering fans and incessant band I hear a loud crack. Then three more. Damn near my apartment. I've spent enough time on a gun range to know what they were. And they were too close for comfort. I crawl to my bedroom where my phone is, quickly call the police and report the 4 gunshots. The dispatcher said they already had that call and that officers were en route. Good to know they get on that sort of thing post haste! I'm gonna go to bed now and try to sleep through the night without being interrupted again by the idyllic sound of gunfire.

-R

2 Comments:

Hope everything was all right there. that's unnerving, living in the city the way you do.

Gunshots don't quite carry the same significance out here in the township. Ask Kassinda sometime about the weekend she stayed here at the house. (^_^)

By Blogger Jane Ellen+, at 10:26 AM  


man, ryan, when did it get so friggin' complicated to post comments to you??

alas. remember that time we were on the subway and those kids got arrested? ha, that was quality.

gun shots are pretty routine here in los llanos de gurabo - which is nice, it means i don't have to get used to new sounds :)
peace
melanie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?