<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004


Ouch... 

We lost. Hard. 91-73 was the final score but at one point Wake was down by thirty points. We were outplayed, pure and simple. Defense was not available apparently and our offense was just not producing. I think they were intimidated a bit and probably horrified by the Illini's coach's jacket. How do you leave the house like that? "Honey, does this look too much like I'm Bob from Bob's Barricades? No? Ok, great!" Anyway, it was sad. But there was one really cool great awesome part of the evening. We're all over at Jeff's place and the buzzer rings with this voice saying, "It's Erin". And who should walk through the door but my old acting friend Erin from Wake Forest! (Better known as E-Wade or Princess in those days.) I knew she lived somewhere in the Chicago area cause Kate was talking about her a while back, but she lives really close by! It was so good to see her again; she's two years older than I and so I hadn't seen her since she graduated in 2001. It was lots of fun to catch up and make plans to hang out again. I love it when stuff like that happens. It makes me so happy.

So, tomorrow is the big day. I'm preaching in Preaching class for the first time and I'm a little nervous. My preaching professor seems to think highly of my preaching potential (and indeed, one of my personal goals for seminary/life is to become a great preacher), which is just a little bit of added pressure. Also, I will not be preaching from a manuscript as I have most often done in the past. So, we'll see how it goes. Julia gave me some great encouragement tonight by saying, "Ryan, I already feel like you're a great preacher just by knowing you and I've never heard you preach." So, with that thought in my head, I get some early shut-eye tonight and be energized for the event tomorrow.

-R

4 Comments:

Post that sermon!

By Blogger Tripp Hudgins, at 8:05 AM  


Post that sermon! And tell us how it went!

By Blogger Jim, at 8:12 AM  


If you can put the game out of mind to give a great sermon,... well, then you're a better man than me little bro. I'm still numb.

Sherriff

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  


^But then again, I already knew that ;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?