<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004


The Plunge - Host Family 

The Plunge - Host Family
The Plunge - Host Family,
originally uploaded by whitleyrr.
This was my host family, the O'Neill's. They had an enormous house to which I truly needed a map to find my way around the first few days! They were so kind and welcoming to me; I am indebted. Steve and I had many a great chat over a late night scotch. Let's see, while there I sampled: Glenmorangie 12 Madeira Wood Finish, Port Wood Finish, Sherry Wood Finish, Burgundy Wood Finish, the Glenlivet 12 French Oak Finish, The Glenlivet 18, the Glenlivet 21 Archive, and the MacCallan Cask Strength. He also had a host of very fine tequilas, but I was not near as interested in those. Now, when I left at 5am, I stumbled over a bag placed in front of my bedroom door. Picking it up, I saw inscribed upon it, "Ryan, A little something for the road ahead. Enjoy and God bless you. Steve and Carol. Being 5am I was not fully with it and so I just put it into my suitcase and continued on downstairs and on outside, where my plunge-mates and my ride to the airport were waiting. When I got home and unpacked I found the bag again and unwrapped it to discover, to my absolute shock, a bottle of the Glenmorangie 12 Madeira Wood Finish, the scotch I decided was my favorite of all the ones I tried!! Thank you Steve and Carol for this gift. It was not necessary but I am very grateful. I'll think of you as I sip on it and perhaps we can all enjoy a glass once again someday.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?