<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 22, 2004


Family Fun 

One of the first things we did as a family upon my arrival was to go out for dinner and to see the movie, After the Sunset. Whenever a new Pierce Brosnan film is released my mother is clamoring to go. However, this time, it was perfectly acceptable to me as the most beautiful woman in the world, Salma Hayek, was playing his opposite. So, when we were at home the afternoon before seeing it, we were talking and joking about it. Now, my brothers generally hate it when my mother shows any sort of interest, however cursorily, in another male besides my father, which I find kinda funny. So, knowing how my mother would respond, I said of Salma Hayek, "I hope she's nude!" She replies in kind, "I hope he's nude!" My father, just home from a golf outing and in the shower yells from the bathroom, "I am nude!" This was good for several bouts of hearty laughter, as was the film. That was about all it was good for though. The plot was the Thomas Crown Affair all over again with a slightly different twist. Salma, of course, was gorgeous.

Dad, Brennan, and I spent the afternoon yesterday putting up the house Christmas lights in preparation for the annual cul-du-sac lighting event after the Thanksgiving Meal (only that kind of meal could be capatilized). I got slightly sunburnt on my arms and head while up on the roof, but I suppose to most of you folks in the north and midwest that doesn't sound like much of a complaint.

-R

2 Comments:

That was funny!

Mom

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  


Tell your family I said hi, please. And Griffin, if he's floating around at home. And you know..whoever I happen to know in Florida that you might run into.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

~Lacy
mthrlangl@523.org.uk
etc, etc

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?