<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 03, 2004


Washington National Cathedral 

I got to spend a little time in Washington National Cathedral during my stay in DC. This is one of many pictures I took, but this one came out particularly well I thought. The cathedral was enormous and before seeing it I was truly unaware a structure like it existed in America. It was very reminiscent of cathedrals I've seen in Europe, but still very American in its own way. I attended two services there, Evening Prayer on Friday night and Holy Eucharist at the High Altar on Saturday afternoon. Both were lovely services. I don't know if they were well attended or not as any crowd less than 1000 persons I'm guessing looks sparse in this great hall. The outside grounds were equally as lovely as the inside and we had lunch out there one day, sitting on a wall looking up at the beautiful and grotesque stone gargoyles. If ever you get the chance to be in DC, do try and stop by the Cathedral - it's really something to see.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?