<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 11, 2004


Response to Jim 

My response was too long, so, as I've the luxary, I'll make it into another post entirely:

Jim,

If you take the time to read Bishop Lipscomb's address (and that is an investment, it is long) you'll note that he doesn't really promote his position so much as call for the people of the diocese to approach the issue with the same grace, compassion, and generosity of spirit as we witnessed when we were struck by the hurricanes. Now, he does make an analogy to those storms by saying the church faces a spiritual storm right now, which I think is true no matter what side of the line you're on. The Bishop did not invite the PB into "our tent" to tell him how wrong he was. In fact, he invited him against the will of a large number of persons and I thought it was a courageous and well made decision.

With regard to unmarried monogamous life partners, I guess we've just reached an idealogical/theological impasse there.

I made the response I did about my sexual identity not to inflate my own ego or to be extraneous but rather to say I am living the life I call others to live. Pot not calling the kettle black in other words. Now, that's not to say it isn't a hard thing, by any means. Good Lord, no! Temptation always lies at the door.

And finally, with regard to where I go after ordination, I am required to go back to SW FL for a period of time. I do like the diocese, and so don't mind going back. But it is not where I want to stay either. I want to go return to North Carolina after a while once my required time is up and the Spirit so moves. Glad you like reading my stuff. I hope you keep doing so even though you don't always agree. I've lost a number of readers to that. Peace.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?