<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 21, 2004


A Father's Gift 

Tomorrow in Preaching class we are to give a short speech (1-2 minutes) about something that we are passionate about, which is not related to religion in a driect way. I love assignments like that! Mostly, because I get to speak and I have an audience who is required to be present if not listen. And we all know what happens to events when I speak. Anyway, given the facts that my classmates are likely tired of hearing about Palestine/Israel from me (and thus would tune out, defeating the purpose of the assignment: to instill a sense of fervor in the audience over the topic), that I could not do any aspect of it justice in the time frame, and that it is too connected to religion, I have decided to speak on something else. My two minute (cause I'll use that time without batting an eye) talk will be on my love for J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. I've made some notes, but when I got to thinking about it, I've decided to go in a completely different direction and just do what I do best: tell a story. So, I'll keep the notes in case I get stuck or something, but I think I've got a good handle on this little assignment. "I will take the Ring, though I do not know the way."

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?