<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004


Convention Update 

I received a helpful email today from someone from my home diocese who is a member of the Via Media group about which I wrote in part several days ago. The email informed me that the group has no intention on calling Bishop John to resign at convention or at any other time. To the contrary, they have met with the Bishop and have expressed their desire to continue to be in dialogue with him and he with them. The bishop expressed the same desire. Those members of the group who did suggest that the Bishop resign were not, thankfully, on the steering committee. This is quite a relief to me and I am thankful to the people who have pointed this out to me. While there has been some suggestion that it may be time for us to start thinking about a co-adjutor or assistant to the bishop, the reasons for that are apart from those suggested in the previous posting.

In no way do I want to spread rumors that are untrue, which is why I offer this correction as I believe needs to be done. I blogged about what I heard the other day because I had such a strong reaction to it and I often work out my emotions on here, in public, so that you, the faithful reader, can work through them with me. In part this is my journey, and in part it is our journey. I suppose it remains to be seen what will happen at Convention, but my mind is more at ease now that I have heard from the Via Media group specifically.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?