<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 23, 2004


A Wednesday 

While attending a little get-together this evening with some of the seminary students, I entered into conversation with Gregor, the junior from my home diocese. During the course of the conversation, it happened to come up that he is a Lambda Chi Alpha as well! His Alma Mater is NC State, so he's even in the right conference too! This is wonderful news! More people to root against Duke!! I think it will be neat to have a colleague in the seminary with whom I can share a full undersanding of Lambda Chi. There is just so much that makes sense here...

Secondly, while attending another get-together (this time, of Chicago friends out at a local bar/venue to see a local band called "Head of Femur") I met two guys from France, who were visiting their friend in America, who works with my friend Caroline, who invited me out tonight. That was complicated, but if you followed we'll continue. Though they spoke halting English, which is more than I can say for my Francais, they knew enough to be able to articulate how much the band we saw sucked. I likened the 12-piece group to a jack-in-the-box that was powered by a rip-cord instead of the typical crank, but couldn't quite get choked. They started and stopped. Started and stopped. One section of the huge ensemble would be doing something completely apart from the others. One of the Frenchmen said, once the band actually played a song over a minute in length, "At least they're conceptual now." Hilarious! True!

A Wednesday, now gone.

-R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?